Our core values
Our growth has been made possible by developing strong relationships with like-minded entrepreneurs, project managers, and homeowners who hold the same 6 core-values as us.
We are constantly evolving, with bold imagination and creative ideas fuelling continuous improvement across all aspects of our business.
We believe that transparency and trust lead to mutual respect and honesty in all corners of our organization.
We are friendly and professional, and we make sure the customer is the hero every time.
We focus on reliability, ease of use, and attention to detail in both product and service.
We embody inclusivity, collaboration, and support, while encouraging personal and professional development.
We are empowered to take risks without fear of failure, with individual initiative and open-mindedness driving our growth.
If you align with any of these, you’re going to LOVE us. And we’re going to love you right back.
The Big Star Lights Team
Discover the personalities that light up The Big Star Lights Team. These are the incredible folks who make the magic possible, each with their own special glow.
- Great people are EVERYTHING. (All the other nice stuff will just happen on its own)
- Munchkin hugs
- Pie (strawberry rhubarb)
- Shut up legs!
- Lighting it up… no, really: LIGHT-IT-UP! (don't be skimpy now)
- Unicorns are real
- Wind, water, sea, loam, mud, powder are my flavours
- You have more regrets saying no than you do saying yes
- Create opportunity, seize it, be thankful for it, then pass it along. Nothing is owned.
- Listening to/playing/performing music, from baroque to folk to techno
- FOOD of all kinds, but mostly authentic Japanese, Vietnamese, and Korean food
- Seeing different landscapes from up high (planes, mountains, tall buildings)
- The west coast ocean air
- Sophisticated scents
- Excellent software that is equal parts functional, intuitive, and pretty
- Travelling to new places
- Beautiful shoes, whether they are a good pair of sneakers or stilettos
- Collaborating with, supporting, and learning from people who are experts in their field
- Elegant Christmas light displays!!
- Performing in a Band or DJ-ing
- Hanging with real ones smiling and laughing all night
- Quality time with my favourite people
- Producing, Jamming & Creating music
- Brilliant views
- Dank memes, funny movies & TV shows
- Fire Pits & Cold ones
- Singing in my car because I'm too shy to sing in front of people
- Giving your all into something and being proud of the end result
- Honourable mention: Playing disc golf
- Studying/Learning new things
- Practical jokes
- Quiet time
- And of course shopping!
Book Keeping Associate
- Travelling and exploring as much as possible
- EXPERIENCES > STUFF
- Spontaneity and all the adventures
- FOOD. Eating, cooking and sharing it
- Feeding other people; family, friends and strangers (aka: soon-to-be acquaintances)
- Time = freedom
- Scuba diving, hiking, running, camping, paddle boarding, creating
- Games. Of any kind.
- Inner Child Personality = Outer Adult Lifestyle
- The people you meet along the way and the memories you create with them that shape your life in vigorously impactful ways
Sales + Marketing Manager
- The smell of cherry blossoms at dusk
- Chilly dips
- Three + part harmonies aka goosebump territory
- Getting reaaaal dirty in the garden. Who needs gloves?
- The sound of a soccer ball being kicked
- Freshly cut grass
- Sleeping on a sail boat moored in the Great Blue Hole
- Flying down a hill with no brakes on my bike
- Random phone calls from old friends
Senior Sales & Account Rep
- Saying something slightly unhinged in the company of new acquaintances and watching their process as they uncomfortably navigate. Trying for a PC and polite response
- Fog. Especially when it's touching the surface of water.
- Raspberry Frozen Yogurt - the fresh stuff!
- Smiling at strangers
- Creating something, anything with my hands
- Being at the controls of a longggg and far drive or flight… to hot springs
- Ducks - not spiders. They are such gorgeous, yet freaky little a**holes. Also, delicious!
- The smell of the rain
- Not exactly breaking the rules, but certainly not following them. Everything on the outside of normal is always a little more interesting.
Sales Rep + Marketing Associate
- Petrichor! Breathe in that sweet smell of rain 😌
- Autumn & Spring
- Quality over quantity
- Spa Days are a necessity, not a luxury.
- A whiff of that campfire scent that takes you back to feeling wild and free sleeping under the stars
- ELEPHANTS! 🐘 Such gentle creatures
- Pretty is as pretty does.
- Art & aesthetics all day everyday ❤️
- Good manners
- Long walks through the woods at night
- Long arduous airplane journeys, multiple stopovers prefered
- Eating saucy chicken wings in hotel beds, room must have a view
- Taking pictures of lightning, closer the better
- Space, the galaxy, the universe, and everything
- Screen time
- Getting lost
- Breaking down in remote areas with no cell service
Digital Media Coordinator
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Green tea
- The sound of crackling wood on fire
- The sky & CLOUDS, I love clouds
- Backyard movie nights with some BSL LED lights
- Travelling and learning about different cultures
- Chocolate covered almonds
- Any form of ART
- Penny boards, Roller blades, Scooters = Advanced walking
- I don't believe in coincidences
- The feeling of being where you belong when I am by the ocean
- Watching birds of all kinds flit around the skies
- Walking down paths filled with oranges and yellows due to the changing of seasons
- When acorn squash is in season so yummy roasty toasty
- A nice steeped cup of a fantastic herbal loose tea (Shout out to the Great Wall Of Tea)
- All the animals cute and fluffy chubby and stout they all have a place in my heart,
- Yellowknife, NWT even better in the winter when you can walk on the lakes and rave in a ice castle!
- Late night bike rides in the winter to check out all the Christmas lights
- Being close to the earth and sowing seeds into the ground so they can become plentiful and feed me and friends
- A good macrame project always keeps my hands busy and mind occupied.
- The smell of fresh rain on concrete
- Rippin' and dippin'
- Disc Golf
- Bob Ross
- Old buildings
- Loud noises
- The movie Highlander (the original)
- The number 5
- The Second Italo-Abyssinian War